Ride It. Race It. Don’t Worry About it: Giant’s Got You Covered.
Giant Bicycles is so confident in their composite technology, if any composite frame or component is structurally damaged while you’re riding in the first two years after you bought it, Giant will repair it or replace it free of charge.
Crash your new frame in the final turn of the local crit? Don’t worry about it! You’re covered. Case a landing and crack your rim? Whoa, way to charge. You’re covered. Handlebars? Same deal. Seatposts? Yep.
Giant is backing their products in a way no other company is willing to. They’re confident in what Giant makes. They want you to be too. It’s that simple.
Now, this only goes for product you bought in the U.S. at an authorized Giant dealer, and it only covers damage done while riding, so don’t go driving into your garage with your bike on top of your car. That’s on you.
There are other details you need to know about Giant’s Composite Confidence program, but our goal is to make it as simple possible, so you can get pedaling again.
Giant/Liv Composite Confidence
The Giant Bicycle, Inc. Composite Confidence offer is made by Giant Bicycle, Inc. (Giant USA) in addition to and separate from the manufacturer’s warranty. It applies only to the original purchaser of select Giant and Liv brand bicycles, parts, and accessories purchased from an Authorized Giant Retailer in the United States.
Any Giant/Liv composite frame, composite fork, composite wheel, or composite component structurally damaged while riding within the first two years of ownership will be replaced or repaired free of charge.
Terms and Conditions:
- The Giant USA Composite Confidence offer is not a warranty policy. It is a rider support plan for carbon/composite product that exists in addition to and separate from Giant’s Limited Warranty. It is offered only at the discretion of Giant USA and subject to product availability.
- This offer applies only to composite/carbon product purchased and assembled in the United States by an Authorized Giant Dealer or purchased through Giant USA’s WebLink e-commerce website. It is only available in the USA and not valid in any other part of the world!
- Coverage is limited to the original owner within the first two years of ownership based on the original purchase date.
- The Giant/Liv Composite Confidence offer applies to any model year 2019 or later composite product.
- A copy of the original purchase receipt and registration on the Giant/Liv USA website is required for entry into the support plan.
- Bicycles must have both registration and purchase documentation to qualify.
- Gear items must be submitted with purchase documentation to qualify.
- Coverage exists only for product structurally damaged while in use as the product was intended.
- The policy does not cover product damaged while not in use (e.g., product damaged in transportation, storage, or due to theft).
- The policy does not cover cosmetic damage.
- Replacement items are determined by Giant. The exact model or color may not be available.
- Coverage is only available one time to the original owner within the first two years after the original purchase date.
- Damaged product that has been replaced under this policy must be returned to Giant USA prior to the delivery of the replacement product.
- Giant will only cover the cost of the product replaced. All labor, service, and shipping charges are the sole responsibility of the rider/customer. Replacement items must be installed or assembled by an Authorized Giant Retailer.
- Replacement under this policy implies that the original product is free from defects in material and/or workmanship.
- In no event shall Giant USA be responsible for direct, incidental, or consequential damages, including, without limitation, damages for personal injury, property damage, or economic losses, whether based on contract, warranty, negligence, product liability, or any other theory.
- Giant USA may, without notice, discontinue or modify this offer at any time.
Composite Confidence FAQ’s
Q: What is composite confidence?
A: Most warranties just cover manufacturer defects and are void when riding in extreme or race conditions. Composite Confidence is Giant USA’s service to the rider that for 2 years after the purchase of 2019 Composite Bike or Gear Giant will replace or repair the item when damaged in riding conditions.
Q: What does composite confidence cover?
A: Giant and Liv Model year 2019 and forward bicycles. Composite Giant and Liv Gear purchased in the calendar year 2019. Composite Confidence is only available in the USA and is only available to the original owner of new Giant and Liv products. It is non-transferrable.
Q: How do I submit a request for Composite Confidence (CC) coverage?
A: Just head into your authorized Giant/Liv retailer with proof of purchase (receipt) and they will start a claim.
Q: What are the replacement options?
A: It’s all dependent on product stock. If the exact same item is available, Giant will send that. Otherwise, Giant will send the closest matching item (service frameset that’s a different color, for example). Upgrade (for a fee), credit, and backorder options also may be available. In some cases, Giant may repair the item.
Q: What happens if an item is not in stock?
A: Giant will offer options of back ordering the item, replacing with a similar item, or a credit for the item value. Or Giant will repair the item.
Q: What is the turnaround time?
A: Similar to warranty claims, CC claims will be addressed within 2‐4 business days. In stock replacement items will be shipped immediately. Repair turnaround time is 48‐72 hours plus shipping time.
Q: What are the associated costs of replacement?
A: Giant will provide the product free of charge. Shipping will be charged to the dealer (and may be passed on to the customer). Shipping and labor charges will not be covered by Giant and may be charged to the consumer at the dealer’s discretion.
Q: How do you determine if the damage happened “while riding”?
A: The retailer and Giant’s QA team will use their judgment along with input from the retailer to determine the cause of the damage.
Q: What happens if a claim is denied and does not fall within this policy?
A: Giant and the local retailer will sort out a suitable crash replacement option. Typically 20% off retail.