Vermont Mountain Bike Fest 2016
VMBA has teamed up with Mad River Riders, Waterbury Area Trail Alliance and the Green Mountain Trails to create an amazing mountain biking festival – the Vermont Mountain Bike Fest 2016. This years event is July 22-24, 2016. It is based out of Mt. Ellen at Sugarbush Resort. Riders from all over the Mad River Valley, Vermont and beyond are participating in this fun 2 -day event.
The Mad River Valley and White River Valley are loaded with phenomenal rides all of types and lengths. There will be group rides and guides available to show you some of the very best. Many rides will end in Waitsfield for a quick taste of town, where shuttle service is available to take riders back to the base of Mt Ellen at Sugarbush Resort. Blueberry Lake will play host to the more moderate rides as well as opportunities to cool off and swim or play in the water. This event is truly the every rider event of the summer. Every type of mountain bike riding is available in this area: technical, rocky, flowy and downhill are all available at the fest July 22-24.
The Vermont Mountain Bike Fest 2016 includes riding all over the Valley:
- Waitsfield – 40 miles of moderate to technical riding that will give you a real taste of the Mad River Valley riding
- Blueberry Lake, Warren – 6.5 miles worth of shorter trails with more moderate riding that is also suitable for families and children
- Sugarbush Resort – Lift assisted downhill and enduro style trails
- Perry Hill, Waterbury – 25 minutes north of Sugarbush. Fast, flowy singletrack with long climbs and some technical downhills. Home to the iconic “Burning Spear” and “Rastaman” trails.
- Green Mountain Trails, Pittsfield – 50 minutes south of Sugarbush. Fast, flowy singletrack with long climbs. Not super technical, but very fun.
- Killington Resort – 1 hour south of Sugarbush. This is where you can demo Pivot Cycles on Sunday July 24.
The Vermont Mountain Bike Fest 2016 is the best mountain bike festival value in the country. There are so many great perks this year when you register for the full weekend long Vermont Mountain Bike Fest 2016. For full weekend registered event attendees, there is FREE access to lift assisted downhill mountain bike riding at Sugarbush Resort all day on Sunday, July 24. You might want to consider bringing the entire family to take advantage of 50% off the Sugarbush Adventure Day pass which includes: disc golf, zip lines, hiking, bungee trampoline and scenic lift rides. Here’s the full list of amenities that come with your event registration:
- FREE downhill passes on Sunday for full weekend registrations ($35 value)
- Onsite FREE camping at Mt. Ellen
- 10% off Sugarbush lodging options, should you choose not to camp
- Full schedule of rides starting on Friday at 2PM
- Instant access to all information at the fest on TrailHub
- Adaptive bike demos courtesy of Vermont Adaptive
- Tons of demos (Scott, Carver, Trek, Specialized, Reid, Kona, Pivot, Rocky Mountain, Salsa, Surly and more!)
- Enduro ride Sunday morning from the top of Lincoln Peak to the Valley floor
- Live music
- Beginner rides, clinics, women’s rides/clinics and all the best of the Valley
- Festival day pass for Saturday and Sunday
- Food – breakfast, lunch and dinner will be provided on site (Saturday night BBQ included)
- 50% off a family Adventure Zone Day pass at Lincoln Peak
- Mountain Bike Olympics and other goofy games
For more information visit the VMBA Page for the event or the Event Facebook Page. Event pre-registration gets you a $15 discount and includes everything mentioned above plus an event t-shirt, raffles, access to event vendors, and Sugarbush Lincoln Peak discounts. Pre registration end July 1. Register now. If you are looking for additional lodging options or possibly to extend you Vermont stay after the festival, try the Swift House Inn about 1 hour away in the quaint town of Middlebury – where there is lot’s of shopping and restaurants and other things to do for non-bike riders.
Alpine Bike Works will have a tent set up at the Vermont Mountain Bike Festival and will be offering Pivot Cycles Demo event at Killington Resort on Sunday July 24 from 10am – 4pm. Killington Resort is just an hour south of Sugarbush and well worth the drive for some of the best mountain biking terrain on the east coast. They don’t call it the ‘Beast of the East’ for nothin’. Just sayin’.